Canadian athletes dominating St George
The Summer Olympics pulled into St George Station with Canada’s athletes turning the subway into a temple of Olympic excellence.
The station domination campaign by the Canadian Olympic Committee is featuring the following athletes until Aug. 12:
- Jennifer Abel - Diving
- Ryan Cochrane - Long Distance Swimming
- Alexandre Despatie - Diving
- Paula Findlay - Triathalon
- Rosie MacLennan (from Toronto) - Trampoline
- Christine Sinclair - Football
- Mary Spencer - Boxing
- Adam Van Koeverden - Flatwater Kayak
- Julia Wilkinson - 100 Metre Backstroke
The Canadian Olympic Committee unveiled the Give Your Everything campaign at the subway station on June 18. Nine athletes are celebrated across more than 170 banners, posters and wall wraps.
“Every element of the campaign is a direct and authentic reflection of the gruelling path Canadian athletes travel to Olympic competition,” said Canadian Olympic Committee CEO Chris Overholt.
The 2012 London Summer Olympic Games begin July 27. Canada’s goal is to be top 12 in 2012.