Has it been a year already?
November 1st marked Andy Byford’s first year at the TTC.
“It was a pretty typical day in the life of a busy CEO,” Byford says, who joined the Commission as Chief Operating Officer.
A year ago on the first of November, he was getting settled into his new digs at Head Office. In contrast, the CEO’s schedule yesterday looked like this:
- Started off with a meeting with Chief Operating Officer Dave Dixon and Operations staff.
- Then straight into the weekly Exec meeting in the Visual Management Centre to examine business performance trends with senior officials.
- From there he and Corporate Communications Executive Director Brad Ross “hot-footed” it up to Don Mills for an editorial board meeting with the National Post (the fourth in a series with the Toronto dailies).
- Then rushed down to Toronto City Hall to attend the public debate on transit expansion and the master agreement with Metrolinx (Council gave it the green light).
- Day ended at the True Patriot Love Dinner in honour of those who serve in the Canadian military at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
“A busy day – long day – but enjoyable!” he says.