Employee Town Halls get underway
EMPLOYEE TOWN HALL UPDATE
As of Jan. 7, 2014, a total of 59 Employee Town Halls were conducted at the following locations:
- Wychwood Barns: May 28-29, four sessions
- Collectors: Aug. 7-8, 12-14, six sessions
- Head Office: Sept. 10-11, 3 sessions
- Station Services: Oct. 8-10, four sessions
- Hillcrest Complex: Nov. 19-27, Dec. 9, 17-18, 14 sessions
- 5140/5160 Yonge: Nov. 22, one session
- Wilson Complex: Nov. 20, 28, Dec. 2-4, 12 sessions
- Wheel-Trans: Nov. 20, 28, Dec. 4, 7 sessions
- Greenwood Complex: Dec. 10-11, four sessions
- Elevating Devices: Jan. 7, one session
- Malvern Division: Jan. 7, three sessions
Byford’s Employee Town Halls got underway on Aug. 7. He and members of the Executive Team will be taking the five-year plan directly to frontline staff through the summer and fall to outline the plan’s major objectives and discuss the culture transformation of the TTC, its processes and equipment. The first group of town halls is with Collectors.
Hour-long sessions begin with a showing of the Corporate Video and conclude with a question-and-answer session with the CEO. At this morning’s session, employees weren’t shy about asking Byford some tough questions about Collector security, job changes and management style.
“We have a golden opportunity to take our modernization efforts to the next level by thinking and behaving in a different way, and creating a one-team approach,” Byford said. “Transforming the culture is the biggest challenge we face.”
Six sessions in total will be held for Collectors. The first three took place on Aug. 7, 8, and 9. The next three sessions take place this week, wrapping up on Wednesday afternoon.
A complete schedule of dates and locations is still being finalized.