From the Human Resources Department
As you are all now aware, the TTC and its four unions have ratified new contracts that expire on March 31, 2018.
In addition to the TTC Board ratifying the union contracts, the Board approved the following economic adjustments for non-unionized employees consistent with what has been negotiated with ATU Local 113 (non-Operator positions) and CUPE Local 2. Furthermore, several benefit changes have been approved as outlined below:
- April 1, 2014 – 1%
- April 1, 2015 – 0.5% + one-time 1.5% lump sum payment*
- April 1, 2016 – 1.75%
- April 1, 2017 – 2.25%
* The payment to each eligible employee will be based on regular work week for the period of April 1, 2014, to March 31, 2015. The employee’s basic hourly rate on March 31, 2015 will be used for the calculation. The lump sum payment will be pro-rated based on the number of months the employee was active during the period of April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015.
- Increase vision care by $50 effective July 1, 2014.
- Compression hose entitlement reduction to a maximum of four pairs per year.
- Orthopedic shoe eligibility changes based on reasonable and customary charges for orthopedic shoes and orthotic devices when recommended by a podiatrist, chiropodist or specialist physician.
- $9.00 dispensing fee cap.
Chief People Officer
May 20, 2014