Beat the flu bug!
The TTC wants you to stay flu- and virus-free this season. Here are a few simple and effective tips that can help prevent the spread of germs and infections:
- Beat the flu virus and get your shot. This season, immunizations are available through your family doctor, public health, workplace clinics and pharmacists.
- Wash your hands frequently and properly. Wet hands with warm water; apply soap; lather for 20 seconds; rinse hands back and front; dry hands with paper towel; turn off taps with paper towel. Hand hygiene should be practiced regularly, especially after coughing or sneezing.
- Use proper cough etiquette. Cough or sneeze into a tissue. If a tissue is not available, cough into your upper sleeve, not into your hands. Remember to wash your hands afterwards.
- If you get the flu, minimize your contact with others to avoid spreading it.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Follow Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating. A nutritional and balanced diet will help you stay healthy. Maintaining your fitness and getting enough rest may also decrease your chance of getting ill this season.
- Do not share personal items. Germs can be transmitted through the sharing of personal items, such as cups, food, etc.
For more information about preventing colds and the flu, and to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week, contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 (TTY 1-866-797-0007). For more information, please call Occupational Health Nurse Allyson Quigley, Human Resources, 416-393-6041, or check your workplace bulletin board for more detail
TTC Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Tuesday, November 4, Arrow Road Division, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 4, Subway Janitors/Servicepersons-3050 Yonge St., 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 5, Lakeshore Division, 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, November 6, Greenwood Shop, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 6, Mount Dennis Division, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 7, Hillcrest-Inglis Building, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, November 7, Danforth Division/Collectors, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 10, Eglinton Division, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 11, 6-5140 Yonge St., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 12, Russell Division, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 14, Wilson Division, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, November 17, McBrien Building, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 18, Greenwood Carhouse/Shop, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 19, Birchmount Division, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 26, Roncesvalles Division, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, November 27, Queensway Division, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 3, Malvern Division, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.