Message from the Chief People Officer
Non-union staff salary and benefit improvements
On January 24, 2019 the TTC brought proposed wage and benefit increases for non-union staff to the TTC Board for approval. I’m pleased to advise that wage increases for non-union employees have been approved retroactively to April 1, 2018. The Board also supported an improved benefit package effective April 1, 2019. The details of the changes are as follows:
Across-the-Board Wage Increases:
Salary Levels 1-12
April 1, 2018 – 2%
April 1, 2019 – 2%
April 1, 2020 – 2%
Salary Levels 13-18
April 1, 2018 – 1.25%
April 1, 2019 – 1.25%
Health Benefits (effective April 1, 2019):
All Non-Union Staff:
- Psychological services increased by $500/year to a new maximum of $1,500.
- Chiropractor, physiotherapy and massage benefits increased to a combined total of $2,000 a year. Replacement of per visit caps with a per visit reasonable and customary maximum charges.
- $50 increase to vision coverage (currently $450 every two years).
- Shingles vaccine to be covered without age restriction.
- Smoking cessation drugs to a lifetime maximum of five prescriptions (currently $300 lifetime maximum).
All Non-Union Pensioners:
- $50 increase to vision coverage (currently $325 every two years).
Finally, the Board directed the TTC to report back in approximately one year with a plan to further distinguish non-union staff with a unique compensation and benefit structure. The Board will review future wage and benefit considerations for those in Salary Levels 13-18 at that time.
Chief People Officer
January 24, 2019