Rewards and Recognition October 21, 2016 winners
Recognizes employees who model and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities and behaviours.
Ibrahim Bah - Track Welder – Streetcar Way
- Consistently exceeds work expectations and leads by example among peers.
- Readily assists with transitioning new employees and has earned respect of peers and Supervisors.
- Takes initiative to bring improvement by sharing innovative ideas and methods to provide a safe and efficient track network.
Jason Cordeiro - Storeperson – Leslie Barns Warehouse (M&P)
- Set up a labelling and organizing pilot program at Leslie Barns so parts can easily be tracked and found.
- Program was so successful it may be implemented TTC-wide.
- Excellent organizational skills and a self-starter who is always eager to train others on equipment and provide guidance and support.
Ian Ferguson - Supervisor – Signaling and Communications, ATC
- Leader in organizing ambitious and challenging targets throughout five subway closures in four months.
- Developed Automatic Train Control plans, co-ordinated participant work and led discussions between staff.
- Completed installations over target during closures and constantly pushes for the best results possible.
Gerry Gallately - Operator – Wilson-Subway Division
- Developed a positive change presentation for Wilson Division to address concerns about workplace challenges.
- Program led to reduced injuries and new standards of professionalism have been set for Operators.
- Motivated and inspired fellow employees, contributing to a more positive work ethic.
Jennifer Imbrogno - Director – Capital Accounting, Finance
- Inspires everyone on her team and has created a healthy and friendly work environment.
- Always welcomes change and improvements, passionate about her work and is detail-oriented.
- Honest with a positive attitude and clear communications.
Dimaz Ladak - Foreperson – Duncan Shop
- Motivates, empowers and inspires others in a calm, positive and proactive manner.
- Focuses on developing and accommodating employees, based on their individual and diverse characteristics.
- Creates an inclusive culture and makes everyone feel appreciated.
Lynn Middleton - Divisional Assistant Manager – Lakeshore Division
- Respected by colleagues and superiors for her honesty and integrity and has made many positive changes in her department.
- Professional, personable and prompt with excellent work ethics.
- Ensures her work is covered while she is away and is available even after work hours in case of emergency.
Scott Milne - Route Supervisor – Roncesvalles Division
- Consistently builds relationships with various departments and stakeholders.
- Well-respected as a mentor, treats others with dignity and respect and helps others to succeed.
- Instrumental in improving overall customer satisfaction.
Francesco Sisto - Track Mechanic – Streetcar Way
- Scrutinizes all activities within Hillcrest Yard and oversees all aspects of the track assembly seamlessly.
- Ensures all involved at the yard are progressing throughout the course of a project.
- Offers innovative solutions and encourages employees to achieve their goals.
Erin Smith - Co-ordinator – Permits and Approvals, Property, Planning and Development
- Provides excellent guidance and advice and is always willing to listen and help.
- Ensures all members of the team are included in discussions and is always patient with others.
- Instills confidence in others with her positive and professional attitude and leads teams to be efficient and productive.
Aj Spang - Foreperson – Rail Vehicles, Rail Cars and Shops
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Provides immediate attention to issues and is very dedicated to ensuring each task is complete.
- Leads without title or authority and motivates others to perform their best.
Vince Rodo – Chief Financial and Administration Officer
Gemma Piemontese – Chief People Officer
Joan Taylor – Chief of Staff