Rewards & Recognition Spring 2017
Innovation & Creativity Awards
- Created a novel method for measuring vehicle-to-structure clearance in subway tunnels.
- Adapted the tool to meet TTC’s requirements; this process included lots of procedures and calculations.
- Allowed for various uses within TTC engineering sections and is relatively inexpensive.
- Was actively involved in the testing and reviewing of the new Schiedt and Bachman faregates.
- Helped identify and resolve a number of obstacles with the development of our existing Mag Strip Reader for PRESTO.
- Designed a new cable and prototyped it to evaluate the signal outputs for TTC management.
This award recognizes TTC employees who have demonstrated an innovative and creative mindset and as a result have brought forward ideas that improve the TTC’s internal systems and processes, operations, team culture, and/or delivery of customer service. Adjudication Committee: Chief Capital Officer Susan Reed Tanaka, Chief Operating Officer Mike Palmer and Corporate Communications Executive Director Brad Ross.